How to germinate via soil in Organic Hydroponics?
Huh...Soil in Organic Hydroponics????
Yes, you heard it right! Germinating from soil in Organic Hydroponics or Aeroponics. Many claimed that Organic Hydroponics or Aeropnics can’t be organic because it’s not using soil. VF@RM says yes you can.
Because VF@RM have successfully grown Organic Aeroponic veggies using soil or organic potting mix to germinate the sprouts and transfer them to VGROW Tower Vertical Farming System, growing them using VFERT Enhanced HydroOrganics All Natural Plant Base Liquid Fertilizer, which contains organic matters, active probiotics, living beneficial microbes, suitably for organic hydroponics cultivation, without AB Synthetic Nutrients.
Here are some steps you can follow:
Simple steps are
- Get 2 trays. Recommended 100 to 200 holes
- Cut 1 tray into cups.
- Notice a hole a the bottom of the cup. Cover the hole with clay pebble or cotton pad. Don’t seal the hole, we need water to flow through in the cup and roots can grow out thru the hole
- Once the bottom is covered, fill the cup with soil, potting mix, peat moss, etc
- Plant the seeds in the cups. 2 to 3 seeds Max in a cup
- Cover the tray with black plastic bag and place somewhere dark.
- Ensure soil in cups are always moisture daily, spray some water.
- 3 to 4 days later if there’s sprouts coming out. Then remove the plastic bag.
- Place the sprouted seedlings beside a window in the house, not too expose sunlight. Else, place under a LED tube, recommended white light.
- Continue to water them until you see 4 leaves appear (pic below). Then time to transfer them to VGROW tower. Approx 7 to 10 days
- You may add a spoon of fertilizer in the sprayer to spray them during sprout, this will help them grow
Picture above shows how true leaves look like